Invisalign® aligners are creating using the digital iTero® Element scanner – impressions and pictures of your teeth are seamlessly captured without the need for traditional putty impressions. No goop, no unpleasant aftertaste. The digital iTero Element scanner in Staten Island, New York, makes capturing images of your teeth more pleasant and more accurate. Call the office of Melvin H. Pearson DDS, PC today at 718-948-5100 if you have questions or want to schedule a visit with our orthodontist.
An accurate impression is essential for effective treatment planning and orthodontic care. The iOC Scanner captures the contours of the tooth and gingival structures, producing an accurate digital orthodontic scan in just minutes.
The iTero handheld wand takes a digital, 3D image of your prepared teeth, stopping as needed. You can look at the iTero 3D image on the screen in real-time. Now instead of UPS shipping impressions to the lab to be scanned, the digital image is electronically sent to the lab and is available in the Invisalign Clincheck system the next day. The accuracy and detail of the iTero scan vs a putty impression is comparable to watching HDTV over standard definition TV. These digital scans don’t need to be rescanned so by removing the “clay modeling step” we have greatly improved the accuracy.
Benefits of Teeth Scanning
- Eliminates Impressions – the most invasive procedure in daily orthodontic care.
- Superior Accuracy – with no distortion from patient movement during the set and removal of impression, or disinfection.
- Onscreen Visualization – allows for immediate adjustment to create the ideal orthodontic scan the first time.
- Increased Patient Comfort – by eliminating the goop and gagging with traditional impressions.
- Single Use Imaging Shield – to ensure maximum cleanliness.