Education and Continuing Education
- Brooklyn College – Bachelor of Science, 1963
- New York University College of Dentistry – Doctor of Dental Surgery, 1967
- Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons – Certificate of Training in Orthodontics, 1971
Dr. Melvin H. “Mel” Pearson believes patients deserve the best that orthodontic technology has to offer. In order to stay on the cutting edge of emerging trends, he attends seminars and lectures throughout the year.
- Founder of the Richmond County Dental Hygiene Study Group
- Editor of Orthodontic Cyber Journal
- Richmond County Dental Society – Past President
- South Shore Dental Study Group – Past President
- Alpha Omega Dental Fraternity – Past President
- American Dental Association – ADA®
- American Association of Orthodontists – AAO®
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine – AADSM
- Tri-State Orthodontic Study Group
- Staten Island Chamber of Commerce
Dr. Pearson was a Captain in the US Air Force Dental Corps before being honorably discharged.
Dr. Pearson is married to his wonderful wife, Paula, and has four children, Rachel, Stacey, Gina, and Michael. He also has four grandchildren, Ethan, Noah, Nicholas, Elle, and Luke.
“I am proud to have served Staten Island with quality orthodontic care since 1971. My unique patients provide endless learning opportunities. I enjoy getting to know them, their goals and their hobbies. Orthodontics gives me the chance to help better the lives and self-esteem of those in my community.”